Monday, February 15, 2010

Dread- full!

It all started over a comment made during a random conversation. My gal, Korissa, said that she'd once put in dreadlocks in a friend's hair. Well, that's all I needed to hear for my imagination to run amok. I'd wanted to have dreads since I was a teenager.... here was my opportunity! She was quite willing to help install the fun.
She texted me some websites to check out. I spent half the day reviewing the various sites and learning about the history and traditions of dreads. The choice to have dreads was more than a "new style"; it is a commitment lasting many years.
The kit came a less than a week later. With my trip to Arizona coming up soon and Valentine's Day just a few days away, we decided to do it immmediately. This was just fine for me!
The instructional dvd said that this would take several hours. It actually took a day and a half- usually with three people working on shaping the dreads.
After pizza, chinese food, many cigarettes and lots and lots of beer,  I finally have dreads. Korissa, Robert, myself and Angela invested positive vibes and happiness into each dread.
























No comments:

Post a Comment