Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Does This Mean

I'm baffled by the turn of events with my doctors recently. My primary care physician, Dr. Rose Kenny, of 3 years has recently been acting strange. A few months ago she informed me that she was not going to assist with any medical leave of absence requests for my work. This was in response to my telling her that I couldn't afford to go to physical therapy for a month, because I couldn't afford it. I was in the office during a regular check up. She started pacing and stating that I was taking advantage of her and due to this, I was going to have to find another doctor to manage my pain issues.
Mind you, I've never missed physical therapy in the 3 years I've been dealing with my back issues. 3 YEARS!!!! I've spent THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars trying to get well- aside from our cost of living. I've been denied any short or long term disability, so we've been living on one income during the times that I can't work. Last year it was 8 months I couldn't work.
I went back to my physical therapist, and then I started seeing a new pain specialist immediately after this. While in another check up with Dr. Kenny, I mentioned that the recent surgery recovery was going well and I was doing pool therapy every day and felt great. I told her that it has been very difficult trying to get the PT and the new specialist to do my employer's LOA paperwork correctly. She offered to have one of her office gals do it...as long as the release came from the specialist; she still refused to do it. I told her thank you! This was great news! One set of paperwork was filed, but when I started having complications after my second surgery and needed another extension, the problems started again.
I was informed on a date past the due date for the new paperwork, that Dr. Kenny won't file my paperwork, and the last time was a one time courtesy only. I've been with her for 3 years and so has my 4 other family members. We are always keeping our appointments, which are fairly frequent.
I called my pain specialist's office last week and spoke with a lady named Joyce. I'm sure I sounded flustered and maybe I didn't make any sense, but I tried to explain what happened with Dr. Kenny and what I needed because my job is now on the line. She said she'd speak with Michelle- my doctor's assistant, the next day and call me back. No one has called in days. My paperwork needs to be turned in TOMORROW. I called hoping to speak with someone else, but got Joyce again. I explained that I never received the call back and wanted to speak with Michelle....or Steve the PA. Joyce said they looked for the papers and couldn't find anything about the extension. She stated they have no idea what I'm talking about. I said I'd bring the papers in today and she stated it would take 7-10 business days to complete!!! Since when??  From what date? The other time they did these papers for me, it took a day.
Why am I getting all this push back and lack of cooperation lately???!! I'm going to lose my job and NO ONE CAN HELP ME???? What the fuck?!!! I've been polite and trying to follow the correct channels, but they keep changing the rules. I'm getting dressed to drive to the specialist's office to plead with them in person. I'm trying not to be hysterical, but I don't know what to do! I feel like I'm being stonewalled. WHY??!!! I pay my doctor's bills. I take their advice. I take their meds. I go through multiple surgeries and injections, and whatever else they think is necessary. What am I doing wrong?!!

2 comments:

  1. #1- A doctor will bail whe they get too much flack from the Insurance company and/or your employer. #2- Nothing she has done has been effective thus far, your body's inability to heal and her continual effort to "Fix" you doesn't look good on her #3- She runs the risk of being accused of "Over-medicating" or "Falsifying" or possibly even Malpractice if either of the aformentioned entities raise a flag to the Board of Med. Examiners. My suggestion is to start applying for Permanent disability now, collect every record, doctors notes, PT notes, release from work and a written denial for future LOA in WRITING ASAP.... a doctor saying she will no longer extend your leave from work leaves a wide open door for her to help you with the perm. disability process, as essentially, that is what she is indicating you are- unfixable. The amount of time you have spent off work, the surgeries, the plethora of medications you've been perscribed should all be thouroughly documented. Ask for copies of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first answer is Rose Kenny
    Actually the second thru 100 hundred answers are Rose Kenny

    She's a fucking psychotic waste of space that needs to be fired from the medical board. I'm assuming you're employed by T-Mobile as Rose Kenny has falsified documents in accordance with that company; as result, is under a 1000,000x magnitude microscope by a huge Corporate America company that could literally drill her into the ground. Which would save a lot of misdiagnoses and rid the world of one more quack of a self proclaimed doctor.
    Unfortunately, she is also the provider of 99% of pain RX drugs and those addicts keep her pathetic ass in business

    Find another doctor. You'll probably get your short/long term disability approved by a credible physician. There is one out there that will give you the leave necessary for you to keep your job. Sounds like you need a new physical therapist too.

    ReplyDelete