Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Books, Books, and MORE Books

I LOVE reading.....

and I collect so many books. 


I have so many different subjects ranging from history and politics, to various religions, sci-fi, biographies, how-to's, poetry, and the classics. 

And just about everything in-between. 

I've read just about every book that resides on my mostly dusty shelves. Some are waiting for just the right time- when I need them the most.

I'm organizing my books today and I'm almost overwhelmed by how many have made their way into my home and my heart.

Are these books an extension of the life I wish to have, or are they a reflection of the many aspects of myself? Are they an escape from my life or an enrichment to it? Some are whimsical and some have changed my life.

I love the way they feel in my hands. I love the way they smell (mostly). I love the beautiful colors and the memories they evoke. There are those that have the most amazing vibe- full of energy and life.

Some of them even managed to survive my house fire, and of those, are books that I've had for over 25 years. Some are passed down to me from my Papou. 

There isn't enough shelf space in my house for any more books. Should I get a Kindle? I think I'd be disappointed by that experience, but I'm not sure.


I love my books.



No comments:

Post a Comment