So, I haven't blogged for a long time……almost a year. I've gone through a lot of changes in this time, but right now I need to release some energy about a job offer.
My boss came up to me this week and asked me if I'd seen the man he'd been speaking to in his office just a few minutes ago. I hadn't because I was training a new employee. He mentioned the man's name and I recognized it from our industry.
The man is looking for a General Manager for one of his local properties. (This is the job that my boss holds). My boss recommended me for the position. Not just "gave him my name", but full on gave me a glowing review!
At this point in the conversation, I'm TRIPPING out!!! My boss thinks that I can do his job???? Granted when he takes time off or has to travel out of town, I'm filling in for him, but that's only a temporary gig.
I spoke with the man and we have an interview set up for Monday evening. I'll be meeting him and the man who I will replace (?). I'm nervous and excited and honestly hadn't thought that this was a real option until this happened.
I'm confident in what I do, and how I do it, but I realize that there is soooo much that I've yet to learn.
Anyway, I'm just throwing this out into the universe and hoping for the best!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment