Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cooks.com - Recipe - Top-Of-The-Stove Chocolate/Oatmeal Cookies

Cooks.com - Recipe - Top-Of-The-Stove Chocolate/Oatmeal Cookies

I haven't made these cookies since Dasya was little. I lost the recipe for a long time.....no internet back then. I was looking for some tasty oatmeal cookies when this long-lost friend appeared! YAY!! Devani and I made them tonight; along with DooDads (ChexMix). Such yummy-ness!! And it's sooo hard to wait for them to cool!



We also made "doodads" while we were making the cookies. Yummy to snack on. Since I'm on a gluten-free diet, we only were able to use the corn and rice chex, and nuts. They were still good and no disappointment for getting a handful of pretzels!


Cooks.com - Recipe - Chewy Oatmeal Cookies


The last few days, I've been craving oatmeal cookies! Badly! In the middle of the night! So tonight, Robert, Devani and I made some. We added white chocolate chips to the batter ...... mmmmm!



Isnt there something completely homey about making cookies with your children? Most people I know say that it's one of their fave memories. I wonder why this is? I know I do lots of other cool things with my kids that are creative. Maybe there's just a strong connection between scents and memories. Plus, what makes someone happier than a treat that says "you're special and you deserve this."


Maybe it's total acceptance for who we are.


Food for thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment