Monday, September 6, 2010

non-labor Labor Day Weekend

I enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing this Labor Day weekend. Normally we join the hordes going camping for the last weekend of summer, but not this year. We pretty much stayed at home and hung out. It was unusual and kind of nice.

My ex went out to Burning Man this week, so I got to have Devani stay with me for the week and my weekend! It was super cool and we did stuff like homework and had girl talks. My home is teeming with rivers of estrogen. I'm really bad at sticking to schedules, so it was kinda neat to bend myself around her school schedule. I let her spend the night at her friend's house for 2 days. She loved it! I took her and her friend to the Wine Stomp with me.
Yesterday I taught Devani how to make a salad; tearing lettuce and slicing veggies. Some of the veggies even came out of our garden. She even decided that she doesnt HATE broccoli anymore. YAY!! Because we eat a lot of broccoli.
This morning she make the waffle batter and poured it into the waffle maker. She ate all her breakfast for the first time in forever. I think I figured out the trick to getting her to eat.....
After I told her to brush her hair, she approached me and told me that she decided to get her hair cut since she keeps getting the big knots at the back of her head. I've been trying to talk her into letting her hair dread, but she REALLY REALLY didnt like my dreads. So that's been a no-go. So off we went. It looks cute!
We did some shopping for a new shirt for her school pics..... That led to beginner bras.
A lot of changes for my youngest this weekend.

Devani also redesigned the rocks and fake plants that go in our modest 25 gallon fish tank. It looks really great now.

Amarantha didn't do much besides hang out with her friends. She had blisters from her new boots so she couldn't stomp grapes with us. Tomorrow she'll be with her girl friend ....hanging out.

A little while ago my neurotic dog Molly had been staring expectantly at me and drooling on my laptop, while I'd been doing my homework! She had water, food, went out to go potty, and we just got back from a walk. I'm wasn't eating anything either. Robert and Amarantha tried to distract her but she kept coming back and staring at me......weird. Usually it's our cat Monkey that sits and stares at me. Maybe they're conspiring to freak me out. It's kinda working.

So I guess life goes back to normal tomorrow.... Hopefully this week I'll get my motorcycle learner's permit!

No comments:

Post a Comment